Skip to main content

The Dark Tower: Wolves of the Calla (2003)



Before reading: I'm going to keep this short because I just want to get into reading. This is the beginning of the end. The fifth book in the Dark Tower series and the last two published directly afterwards. Once I start, I will be going on to the end. I'm both excited and terrified so let's go. 

After reading: I am also going to keep this short...you're welcome! I am just so deep into my DT journey right now that I honestly don't have too much to say and didn't take too many notes. Obviously it was amazing. It is always so great to be with these characters and in this story. We got some great new characters and events as well as catching up with some old characters and rehashing some previous tales. 

Spoilers-ish ahead...Firstly, I clocked it involving Harry Potter right away. The font is literally the same. There are no coincidences. As I mentioned, we caught up with some familiar characters dating all the way back to 'Salem's Lot. We also got some super fun references to Low Men in Yellow Coats. Basically everything is coming together and we are rocking and rolling. 

I'll be real with you guys...I kind of don't feel like writing this because I want to be reading the next book. I don't think I need to tell you this because I've said it time and time again but just in case it hasn't gotten through...read these books! They are so great and so much fun. I am so excited to see where this goes because it is really starting to rev up. 

Alright, let's make a deal. I'll stop writing this and go read #6 while you go read #1 if you have yet to do so. I'm being serious. Go. Go do it. 

In case I didn't make it clear, my next book is Song of Susannah AKA the sixth Dark Tower novel. So I kinda need to go. Immediately. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RanKING

I have randomly decided that in addition to reading these books, I'm also going to rank them from my most favorite to least favorite. I will do this as I read and I will add in the books I've already read after I re-read them. I also apologize for the horrible pun in the title but I couldn't pass it up :) All right! Here's my ever-changing list: The Long Walk It The Shining Pet Sematary The Institute Misery The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass Black House Needful Things Dolores Claiborne The Green Mile The Regulators The Dark Tower: The Wastelands Insomnia Firestarter The Talisman The Dark Tower: Wolves of the Calla Christine The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger The Outsider The Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three Desperation Rose Madder Bag of Bones Cujo The Dark Half Different Seasons Salem's Lot The Stand Hearts in Atlantis The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon From a Buick 8 Gerald's Game Everything's Eventual Four Past Midnight The Plant (unfinished) Thinner Rage The De

What am I doing?

Being a true Mainer, while my mother was pregnant with me, she was reading a book by Stephen King. Specifically she was reading The Dark Half by Stephen King. In that book there is a character named Shayla and that is where my name came from. Growing up in Maine already gives you a sense of closeness with Mr. King but having him be the reason for my namesake always drew me even closer to him. In fact, for my 23rd birthday I was gifted with Stephen King’s personal copy of The Dark Half that he signed for me.  I grew up watching many Stephen King shows and movies and read a few books. My favorite book of all time being The Long Walk by Stephen King, himself. All in all, however, I’ve only read about 5 of Mr. King’s books in total. I feel like this weird connection and fascination I have with him has ultimately only led me to one place. And that place is right here, preparing to read all his books. With all honesty, I get crazy ideas like this all the time but only seldom do I see anyt

The Long Walk (1979)

Before Reading:  I could go on and on and on about The Long Walk and I will (after I re-read it). For now I’m just going to keep it short and sweet. Remember when I said that I love Rage and have it on my bookshelf? Well I really love The Long Walk and have TWO copies of it on my bookshelf. The Long Walk is my absolute number one favorite book...ever. I even rank it above Harry Potter (which, if you know me, is saying a lot). When I was younger I was drawn to The Long Walk because it mentioned my hometown. But oh my God, this story is so great. You cringe, cry, laugh, and everything in between when you read it—or at least I do. It takes a lot for me to get emotionally invested in a book (or anything, really) but I feel so attached to this story. All of the characters and their lives are so real to me when I read this one. Also, Hunger Games-esque dystopia is my absolute favorite genre and The Long Walk is one of the best. I’m very much looking forward to re-reading this one, as I alway